Two economicals, Janet and John
- each richer than the other one -
Watched some people make a cake
Then bet on slices each would take
Each as to how much they made?
Each as to how much they paid?
Each as to endeavour trade?
- For some try more for less displayed -
Each as to their body size?
- For bellies can outhunger eyes -
Each proportioned to design?
- the recipe must all align -
Or each according to the law?
-As men of letters writ before -
They pondered much, they pondered more
- It looked as if they weren't quite sure -
Then sent a bill for twenty-four